Spirulina is microscopic blue green vegetable microalgae that grow naturally in fresh water ponds and lakes in warm, sunny environments. It was discovered in South America and Africa in natural alkaline lakes.spirulina has been used as a food source for centuries. It is considered the most complete naturally cultivated nutrient in the world.
It was recommended by WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION (WHO), NASA AND USA
1. Spirulina contain approx 60% digestible protein (its contain amino acids like tryptophan, thereonine, soleucine, leucine, lysine, methonine, cystine etc)
2. Spirulina contains more carrtenoids than any other whole food and an excellent source of vitamin(beta-carrottenelutein 2 eaxanthin,vitamin B1(thiamine),vitamin B2(riboflavin)vitamin B3(niacin)vitamin B5,vitamin B6,vitamin B12 and vitamin C,D,E,K.
3. Best whole food source of Gamma linoleic acid (GLA) an essential fatty acid necessary for human health.it plays a crucial role in brain function as well as normal growth and development.
4. Rich in minerals,trance elements,chlerophyl and enzymes. In USA, NASA has chosen to use it for astronaut’s food in space and even pan to grow and harvest it in space station in the near future.
5. It is also source of potassium,calcium,chromium,copper,iron,magnesium,manganese,phosphorus,selenium.
In Human Medicine
- Boosting the immune system
- Lower the cholesterol
- Fighting cancer
- Lower diabetes risks
- Weight loss
- Higher energy level
- Protection from radiation
- Anti oxidant
- Healthy skin
- Neuro protective
Can promote the growth of cultured species like shrimp and fish,increase resistance,surviual rate of larvae in aquaculture species.
Use 5 to 10gm of 1kg of feed
The recent trend in the feed business is currently directed towards the use of natural ingredients as alternatives to antibiotics.
It can increase in immune system and health of chicken as antibiotics respond more. Decrease in mortality by at least 2% increase in growth rate and weight by at least 3% increase in reproductivity
Spirulina contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids so its increase the cattle fertility
Spirulina improves milk quality and quantity
Increase milk protein, increase milk fat, decrease in somatic cells in milk, and increase the immune system and increase hemoglobin and erythrocytes in blood.
2gm/day-improve milk quality
30 gm/day increased milk productive for 2-5%